Slim 24 Seven is a transdermal patch you wear on your bellybutton that the manufacturers claim will be absorbed by the skin, blocking and breaking down fat so you lose weight. They promise it’s 100% natural and you will notice a decrease in your appetite within 7 days as well as an overall energy boost.
Slim 24 Seven is part of a trend of weight-loss patches being marketed in the US that claim to be an easy and effective alternative to pills or other fad diets. But is there any proof these patches work? Let’s check it out…
The Slim 24 Seven Pitch
Slim 24 Seven is primarily aimed at women who are looking to shed a few pounds. The website claims Slim 24 Seven has10,000,000 users in Europe to make it sound popular and exotic, but only list 6 anonymous reviews. The commercial says Slim 24 Seven is recommended by “leading doctors” but don’t offer any specific endorsements. They tout a 79.3% decrease in fatigue, 69.9% decrease in stress, improved HDL/LDL ratios, and say a clinical study showed using the patch helped people lose 3x more weight than dieting alone, but again fail to back these stats up with any concrete evidence.
How Slim 24 Seven Works
Slim 24 Seven is an adhesive patch which appears to be slightly larger than your bellybutton. They claim its ingredients are safe and all-natural and list them as:
Curry Tree, Cassia Seed, Hawthorn Fruit, Turmeric, Lanolin, Black Sesame Seed, Green Tea Extract, Balsam-Apple, Moringa Olefera, Korean Pine Tree, Asiatic Pennywort, Opuntia ficus – indica, and Water Plantain Rhizome.
To use Slim 24 Seven, they say to stick over your bellybutton (but they add you can place it anywhere on your skin). Similar to a nicotine patch, they claim your skin will absorb the aforementioned herbs, which will bind with dietary fat, creating a “fat fiber complex” that cannot be absorbed. Instead, they state these fats are then eliminated through your digestive tract.
They boast Slim 24 Seven works around the clock and will lessen food cravings so you will eat less and look fabulous fast.
Slim 24 Seven Will Cost You…
$29.97 for 3 boxes of Slim 24 Seven and “free” B12 Energy tongue strips – this is pitched as $19.99 + $5.99 S&H for one box and the strips + $3.99 extra for the additional 2 boxes. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee meaning you will get your $19.99 back if you return it within that time but they will keep the extra fees.
Bottom Line: Is Slim 24 Seven a Scam?
Here are some important things to consider before buying Slim 24 Seven:
- The statements made by this company have not been evaluated by the FDA.
- There is no indication as to how many patches are included with your order or how long each patch is supposed to last.
- The customer service number provided was only a voicemail and our messages were not returned.
- There is no evidence to suggest these herbs can be absorbed through the skin; according to this article in the Wall St. Journal substances must have a low molecular weight and be oily to pass through, and there is no indication as to the size/weight of Slim 24 Seven’s ingredients.
- According to this report so-called fat burners such as green tea, a listed ingredient in Slim 24 Seven, can be potentially harmful.
- The caffeine in these herbs can also have side effects such as restlessness, sleeping problems, depression, and anxiety.
- In 2004, the FTC issued a press release saying that transdermal patches like Slim 24 Seven do not work and sued several manufacturers for making false claims.
- The best, most effective way to lose weight is through a healthy diet and regular exercise.
In other words, this product seems to have very little evidence that it will work and could possibly cause you harm.
What do you think? Did you purchase Slim 24 Seven and did it help you lose weight or was it bogus? Let us know by sharing your review below.