Brainfinity from Execucore is a supplement that insists it reduces stress and anxiety while enhancing memory, increasing focus and energy. Brainfinity is said to work by elevating the number of neurotransmitters, resulting in a healthier, more active mind. Brainfinity promises their supplement is safe and will allow you to tap your inner genius like never before.
How Brainfinity works to activate your brain
Brainfinity is said to have a proprietary blend of ingredients that work in 4 steps:
- Your brain awakens: They state vinpocetine, niacin, green tea extract, and caffeine (from the green tea extract) increase the density of neurotransmitter receptors, improving clarity.
- Blood flow increases: Next, they claim the nettle leaf and glucuronolactone enhance the flowing of blood and stimulate nerve cells for improved memory.
- Focus and cognitive function are enhanced: Synephrine Caprylate is said help the brain work at a higher level of consciousness.
- Extended release boosts mood. Finally, they state phenethylamine HCL, yohimbine and microencapsulated caffeine work together to cut the jitters, improve your mood, and keep you “in the zone” all day long.
Brainfinity touts their supplement is more potent than others because it is made under strict manufacturing and GMP quality control standards.
In other words, this product has 250 mg caffeine.
Caffeine as you probably know is a popular stimulant and has been shown to increase concentration and improve focus in both athletic and academic performance. However, as NBC News reports, 100 mg to 200 mg per day (or a couple of cups of coffee) is enough to achieve these results. Over 250 mg can lead to nausea, headaches, and have difficulty sleeping. (Brainfinity insists 200 mg of this caffeine is extended release.)
The other ingredients, common in many nootropics, the fancy name for smart drugs, have little evidence outside of a laboratory of their effectiveness. (And the nettle leaf extract may give you a stomach ache or the sweats.)
Because of the caffeine and the nettle, Brainfinity warns is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women and if you are taking other medications you should consult with your doctor first.
Brainfinity claims it follows the Current Good Manufacturing Practices (sometimes just called GMP), a set of recommendations from the FDA about keeping supplements safe and pure. However, it should be noted that these are completely voluntary and there is no official GMP seal. In 2013, it was reported that FDA inspectors cited 70% of facilities they inspected for violations.
Conclusion: There may be a benefit from the time release of caffeine in Brainfinity. However, the GMP label does not guarantee purity; therefore we recommend only buying brain supplements from a company that uses an independent laboratory for purity testing – to learn more click here.
What does Brainfinity charge per bottle?
- 1 bottle Brainfinity = $37.95
- 2 bottles Brainfinity = $62.95
- 3 bottles Brainfinity = $83.95
Brainfinity Refund Information
Brainfinity customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brainfinity is said to have a 90-day money back guarantee on one page of the website and on another 6 months. There is no contact information other than an email address.
Brainfinity Affiliate Program
Brainfinity offers commissions of $17 per bottle for affiliates. While this is not illegal as long as the person notes the affiliation on their website, what tends to happen is that search engine results get clogged with these listings that make money off of your purchase without providing a critical review.
We’d like to expressly state that we are NOT an affiliate of Brainfinity and make no money off of sales. To the best of our ability, any customer reviews below of Brainfinity are screened for potential affiliate scams. To learn how to spot a phony affiliate, click here.
Bottom Line: Is Brainfinity going to make me smarter, calmer, and/or more focused?
As we mentioned, the main ingredient “powering” Brainfinity is caffeine. For many people, caffeine is an ingredient that does clear the fog and help with focus, at least temporarily.
The other ingredients listed do not have enough scientific evidence to back up their claims of boosting brain power and Brainfinity provides no studies of their own. Heck, scientists don’t even understand how the brain works, and the mechanisms behind nootropics are just as foggy.
Let us remind you what we DON’T know about Brainfinity:
- WHO they are – there is only an email for customer support.
- WHERE it is manufactured or inspected (it says Made in USA and GMP but these are not official labels)
- IF it works. Sure, there are testimonials on their web page, but we could find no independent customer reviews elsewhere. Their terms and conditions states: “Testimonials, case studies, and examples found at getbrainfinity.com are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results.”
Because of this lack of information, we do not recommend buying Brainfinity.
If you’d like to be smarter and less anxious and you aren’t allergic to caffeine, we suggest skipping the smart drug supplements and instead have 1 or 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Why?
- Coffee inhibits adenosine, which increases firing of our neurotransmitters.
- Coffee helps burn fat and improve physical performance.
- Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of diabetes
- Coffee may decrease risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Coffee may lower the risk of certain liver disorders and increase your lifespan.
- Coffee contains vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B5 as well as potassium and manganese.
More information about coffee can be found here.
Let us know your experience with Brainfinity below!
You may also want to read: Don't Be an IDIOT: The Smart Way To Buy a Brain Supplement