Hydro Mousse isn’t something you eat or put in your hair – instead, you spray it with your garden hose. They say this is a home version of hydroseeding that will give you a lush, green lawn in no time.
This product is sold by Eagle Eye Marketing Group, based in Canada. They have a pretty good rep, at least with the BBB, who give them an A+ rating.
What Is Hydroseeding?
Hydroseeding was invented in the 1950s by sod farmers to grow large areas of vegetation or grass, using a combo of seed, mulch, high-pressure water, fertilizers, and green dye. Hydroseeding can be done very quickly and the results will be just as fast. A study on the Colorado River showed hydroseeding restores riparian vegetation in cleared land (thanks, Wikipedia!)
What Hydro Mousse Does
Hydro Mousse claims to be the world’s first hydroseeder for home use. If you attach it to your garden hose and spray, they say you will quickly have green grass where once was a barren yard.
How Hydro Mousse Works
Hydro Mousse Liquid Lawn Kit consists of the seed, a spray formula, a coating chamber, and a spray nozzle – they call this “Spray ‘n Stay Technology”. To use it, fill the chamber with seed and formula as instructed, and attach to any garden hose. Use the dial to control the release of seed as you spray. Like a pro hydroseeder, the green dye will indicate where the seed has been sprayed.
Hydro Mousse Claims:
- It can be used on high traffic areas
- Patches dog defecation spots
- Works in the shade
- Blends with existing lawn
- 2 oz. Magic Mousse Formula
- 1/2 lb proprietary grass seed blend
- Hydro Mousse Coating Chamber
- Hydro Mousse Nozzle
- 60 day money back guarantee
Hydro Mousse’s “Double Offer”
Part of Hydro Mousse’s pitch is that they “double your offer”, giving you enough seed and formula for 100 square feet or 200 spots. But in reality, they are just giving you the same amount as every other order, but trying to make it sound like you are getting a bargain.
$27.90 ($19.95 plus $7.95 S&H). Remember kids, you never get your S&H back, even if you contact them within the 60 day return window for a refund.
- Hydroseeding does work
- Use with your existing garden hose
- Company has no serious BBB complaints
- Growing grass can be difficult in some parts of the country at certain times of the year
- Specific ingredients not listed
- 2-for-1 offer doesn’t really exist
- Products shown in infomercials sometimes fail to work as advertised in real-world use